- Watch Shows
- SCM Workflow
- My Member Tools Box
- Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
- About SCM TV
SCM Workflow Overview
We are working to make the Seattle Community Media channel more producer centered. To that end, producers have a lot more responsibility. In addition to having fewer staff members to help with projects, producers are now also able to upload and schedule their own series.
The overall flow works like this...
Become a Seattle Community Media Site User by registering for the website.
- Becoming a site user will enable you to vote for episodes and flag videos that have copyright violations, are obscene, or are poor quality.
- Click on Login/Register in the top right of the site and fill in the requested information
- After you have registered, you can go back to your Profile and update your skills, whether you would like to volunteer on other projects, and enter other information that will help your experience at Seattle Community Media.
View the detailed instructions for how to become a Seattle Community Media site user.
Become a Seattle Community Media Member by purchasing membership through the website.
- You will get a list of links under "My Member Tools" that will enable you to do everything you need on the website. You can review your Profile, Series, Episodes, Reservations, or begin a new Series, Episode, Reservation, Studio Request, or Find a Crew.
- View the detailed instruction for how to become a Seattle Community Media Member.
If you are new Seattle Community Media, and wanting to use the studio or be able to check out gear, you will need to attend Studio, Camera, and Editing Workshops. We try to schedule each one once per month. They will be listed on the home page of the Seattle Community Media website.
Upload your content
- After you have become a member, we need to create an FTP Account for you. Once the account has been made, you will need to upload your show to our FTP server.
Series and Episodes
Series are the "bucket" that keeps episodes and reservations organized.
- You will need to create a Series for each series that you produce. This is best done before submitting an episode, but you do also have the option to submit an episode and create the series placeholder at the same time.
- You can create a series by going to New Series under your My Member Tools box.
- Episodes are each individual promo, show, or episode that you will be airing.
You may reserve equipment depending on your certifications.
- Studio certification enables you to reserve the studio.
- Field certified enables you to check out equipment such as cameras and lights to take outside of the studio.
- Edit certified enables you to use the edit stations and other computers in the Seattle Community Media community room.
- Reservations can be created by clicking on Create new Reservations in the My Member Tools box.
- View the detailed instructions on how to create reservations.
- Once an episode has been processed by Archive.org, you will have the ability to schedule it.
- View the detailed instructions on how to schedule episodes.