- Watch Shows
- SCM Workflow
- My Member Tools Box
- Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
- About SCM TV
Become a Site User
Registering to be a user on the Seattle Community Media website is required if you want to become a Seattle Community Member or to vote on or flag videos.
To become a registered user on the Seattle Community Media website, follow the below instructions:
- Click on Login/Register, in the upper right corner or of the site and then click on the "Create new account" tab.
- Select a user name. This can include spaces, periods, hyphens, and underscores, so it can be your whole name if you like.
- Enter your email address
- Read and agree the terms and conditions of use.
- Click "Create new account".
You will be sent an email to validate that you are creating a new account. That email will contain a password that you can use to log in to the site, or you can click on the link provided to choose a new password immediately.
- If you choose to change your password, you will be directed to your account and automatically logged in and given a notification that you have used a one-time-use password. You will want to change your password at this time.
- Your password can be anything, but you will get a warning if it is not very strong. It is just a warning and a recommendation, you will be able to choose anything you like.
- Check your email and click on the link to return to the site to change your password.
At this time, you can also edit your skills and other information
- Click on the "Edit" tab at the top of your profile
- Under Account Information, you can enter a picture and whether you would like others to be able to contact you.
- Click on the "Skills" box to fill out if you would like to be contacted to volunteer for other projects and the skills that you have. If you do not want to volunteer for projects, you do not need to fill out the skills portion.
- Click on "SCM Info" to fill out information related to the type of programming you plan to create for Seattle Community Media. If you are only accessing the site for watching or uploading videos, you do not need to complete this section. If you are a producer, this will be helpful for the SCM staff to help you better.